We were able to go to Washington to visit our family there for Easter. It was so fun to be able to see everybody. It made me want to move back. It was fun having somebody to hang out with everyday and not having to have Keith gone at work and school all day. Luckily we get to go back in two months. Molly was good in the car, all things considered. I mean she is a busy 8 month old who was trapped in a carseat for 12 hours each way. That being said, she did cry. We were also lucky enough to only get pulled over once, probably because Keith was driving the whole time and is a good driver. He got pulled over because we had a light out.
Molly turned 8 months old on Easter! It never ceases to amaze me how much she is learning and how much she is growing every day. She has been clapping her hands for about 3 weeks now and when we tell her to "give me five" she will give us five. She has also been saying mama for about 2 months now, though I didn't mention it because I thought she was just saying it as a sound she'd learned. While we were in Washington though, I got the flu and so she didn't get her mom too much one day. That is when I realized she knows what mama means. She would cry and cry for "mama" and it broke my heart (because I was too sick to hold her) and made me happy, since I knew she knew my name and that she loves me. She also is very mobile still, crawling everywhere and getting into everything. I mentioned last month that she can get herself standing by herself without any help and I finally caught her on video. Only once though and she lost her balance. She usually will stand up and then stay standing for quite a while. She doesn't seem interested in walking yet though. She will walk along the furniture all over the house, but when she stands up, she doesn't even attempt to walk. That's ok with me though, she's only 8 months old after all ;) She's also eating finger foods. For some reason, the favorite thing I've given her is little tiny pieces of wheat bread. She picks them right up and pops them into her mouth and makes it sound like the most delicious thing ever. I guess that's about all I can think of for now. She doesn't go back in to the Dr's office again until 9 months so I'll try and post her "stats" then. Here's some pics and a video.
Another Video.. She thinks it is so funny to kick her dad... Maybe not a good thing to teach her for the future but we think it's funny for now :).





3 comments:
2 months isn't nearly as long as 8 months, but it still seems like forever until you'll be back!
Cute cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter! Um...are you just going to visit in 2 months or going back for the summer??
She looks like Keith more and more! She's a cutie. Looks like you guys had a great Easter.
Post a Comment