Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cute LITTLE Molly

I decided to write a blog while I'm here at my mom's house. This means that there will be no pictures this time. That's ok though as I usually go crazy and post 100 pictures each time I blog.

Keith is gone cat fishing with my dad and my brother in Arizona for about a week and so Molly and I decided to come and stay in Cedar City with my mom and my sisters. We've had lots of fun. The only bad part is when I hang out with them then we like to go shopping and then I end up spending money. Luckily I am a bargain shopper. We went to the outlet mall in St George and I got 6 shirts for only $18 total. I was excited to get some shirts that'll fit me a little better now that I'm lucky enough to have a mommy belly ;)

Before we headed out to Cedar City we took Molly in for her 9 month check up. While we were at the Dr we did find out a couple things:

Molly has anemia. It's not too big of a deal right now. He said she was pretty close to the border but she does have it. When they pricked her toe to get the blood I thought that she was going to start crying but she just sat there and stared in amusement, watching the nurse collect the blood in her little straw. For the next 6 weeks we just have to give her iron drops in some Orange Juice, and make sure we give her lots of things with iron. After 6 weeks we go back in and get her blood checked and go from there.

Molly's clogged eye duct also is still not better. The Dr says that the eye specialists don't like to schedule infants appointments until after they are at least 10 months old though, so we are supposed to call back in a month, assuming it doesn't go away, and they will call and set up an appointment for her. He said it looks like she will have to get the minor surgery on her eye but that he can't tell us for sure.

Molly is still on the tall side. I think that she's in the 80th percentile now. She has dropped in weight from the 14th percentile to the 7th percentile. She is 9 months old and only weighs 15 1/2 pounds. The Dr isn't too worried about this as both Keith and I were smaller kids (Keith still is) and she still has plenty of diapers needing changing each day.

Other then that it was a pretty normal appointment. It was crazy when he told us that if everything else goes well, he will see us after Molly turns one! That's only three months away. Wow!!

Here's a few more things about Molly I wanted to make a note of:

*Molly still has no teeth. Keith and I joke around wondering if she will walk or get her first tooth first.

*Molly eats solids really well. She chews with her gums and eats almost everything we eat now. We do have our list of no no's from the Dr though. She eats her breakfast the best.

*Molly will no longer nurse, except for first thing in the morning. I was exclusively breastfeeding her and she has decided she is too busy to sit down and nurse. She just does not want to hold still. It has been a hard transition switching her to formula as I'm still trying to figure out how much formula she wants how often. The Dr also has us putting a scoop of formula in her cereal in the morning to give her extra iron since she is anemic.

*Molly is getting closer and closer to walking, but who knows how long it will take her to actually get it down. She is to the point that she will walk barely holding onto my finger. She has taken a couple of single steps by her self, but never more then one step. It's almost more like she falls forward and catches herself from falling by taking a step and then gives up.

*Molly threw her first real tantrum the other day. Keith thinks this is the cutest thing ever.

I am so lucky to have Keith and Molly in my life! Life just wouldn't be complete without them. I'll try to get some pictures up soonish.

No comments: